Cabinet Secretary’s Inclusion Award
An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to build inclusion for groups not likely to be covered by the 5 strand specific awards, or undertaking action to promote inclusion of multiple groups.
- Acts as a role model or ally in championing and building inclusion
- Creates an inclusive culture by challenging inequalities/barriers/bias in the application of people management policies, for example inclusive recruitment, talent development, performance management, career development and promotion etc, or customer service delivery.
- Takes steps to eliminate or reduce incidents of bullying, harassment or discrimination against employees or service users
- Leads positive action or interventions to enable talented employees from underrepresented groups to realise their full potential.
- Applies evidence and customer insight to tackle issues effectively
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for individuals and the organisation, and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or demonstrating initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.