Championing Disability Inclusion Award
An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to remove barriers and improve the working experience and engagement levels of disabled employees or demonstrating excellence in the delivery of services to disabled people.
- Acts as a role model or ally in championing disability inclusion.
- Creates an inclusive culture by challenging disability inequalities/barriers/bias in the application of people management policies, for example inclusive recruitment, talent development, performance management, career development, promotion and implementing appropriate, high quality and cost effective workplace adjustments etc, or in customer service delivery.
- Takes steps to eliminate or reduce incidents of bullying, harassment or discrimination against disabled employees or service users.
- Leads positive actions or interventions to enable talented disabled employees to realise their full potential.
- Applies evidence and customer insight to tackle issues effectively to improve employee or service user experience.
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for individuals and the organisation, and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or demonstrating initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.