Championing Social Mobility Award
An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to remove barriers to attract and improve working experience and engagement levels of employees from a lower socio-economic background, or demonstrating excellence in the delivery of services to people from a lower socio-economic background.
- Acts as a role model or ally in championing social mobility issues
- Creates an inclusive culture by challenging inequalities/barriers/bias in the application of people management policies, for example inclusive recruitment, talent development, performance management, career development and promotion etc, or in customer service delivery for people from a lower socio-economic background
- Takes steps to eliminate or reduce incidents of bullying, harassment or discrimination against employees or service users from a lower socio-economic background
- Leads positive actions or interventions to enable talented employees from a lower socio-economic background to realise their full potential
- Applies evidence and customer insight to tackle issues effectively
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for individuals and the organisation, and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or demonstrating initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.