An award for an individual, team, group or network initiating and leading action to remove barriers and improve the working experience and engagement levels of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex employees, or demonstrating excellence in the delivery of services to LGBTI+ people.
- Acts as a role model or ally in championing LGBTI+ issues
- Creates an inclusive culture by challenging sexual orientation or gender identity
- inequalities/barriers/bias in the application of people management policies, for example inclusive recruitment, talent development, performance management, career development and promotion etc. or in customer service delivery.
- Takes steps to eliminate or reduce incidents of bullying, harassment or discrimination against LGBTI+ employees or service users.
- Leads positive actions or interventions to enable talented LGBTI+ employees to realise their full potential
- Applies evidence and customer insight to tackle issues effectively to improve service user experience.
- Can demonstrate positive outcomes arising from their interventions for individuals and the organisation, and can demonstrate the potential for scaling up or demonstrating initiatives for other parts of the Civil Service.